Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vintage fairing

So as you can probably see by the cheeky pics we've put up we've been busy vintage fairing, and oh me oh my, i certainly have got a labour for you. The smell of of vintage furs, and hidden stories just Ooazes from the clothing at fairs, I think its the best place to pick up pieces, Buying in bulk often means that you get a bag of crap, just to fill. But fairs mean that you've collected pieces that really have been lost and in need of a little loving. I've managed to get myself the most delicious sunglasses their just super fabulous! Or Amazeballs as I may also say. Love em'. There in the original leather case and originally 40's-50's glasses. They've bowed slightly where the plastic has warmed. But I intend to warm them up and give them a little love. The most horrific thing is that now I have them. I just can't seem to let them go! I bought them for the webpage! But I truly think I've fallen in love with them. I just can't wait to get to the next fair.

Oh and I also managed to find some lovely jubly patterns. Fabric patterns can be expensive from stores, I managed to get a few original vogue patterns some 50's and a few 80's . The 80's pattern is just perfect for the dress fabric I got at weekend with the girlies a nice rustic orange and Yellow. I'm going to do the dress half and half so should be lovely. Thats after I've finished my 50's summer dress.

Now all I need is some brown or gold elastic which is chunky enough to be a waist band... So I can also make a lovely skirt, and that means I have a percentage of my spring/summer wardrobe for next to nothing...

Love it!  I'll take a few cheeky snapshots for you to have a gander at.

Kisses Rae xo

No comments:

Post a Comment